Friday, February 15, 2008

Skilling Up Fishing... The Stupid Way

I decided for one day to stop fishing Moat Carp and attempt to work skilling up fishing. After doing a bunch of researching, there was one method that I found that really doesn't consume money (if at all) and in fact can turn out a small profit. Unfortunately, it is still slow and skilling will take awhile.

I call this the "Lazy Taru's Method of Skilling."

The target is Gold Carp, which caps your fishing at level 51 (so you might want to be around level 30 for this). All you will be getting will be Gold Carp or Rusty Items, no Moat Carp at all. You can use any real rod (I use a Halcyon) paired with a Shrimp Lure. Go to Windurst Woods (though I think Walls/Waters work just fine but I haven't looked into it) and just start fishing. Your bite rate will be pretty low (might get one Gold Carp every 12 some casts at times) but your only real fish will be Gold Carp. You will know that you're going to fish up a Rusty based on how fast you drain your target's stamina, so let go of those as they can potentially break your line (and lose your Shrimp Lure).

Now, I know I should be getting Moat Carp, especially since I have like 80% to go. But that is the thing about FFXI, sometimes you just want to tackle on things differently even though it might not make logical sense. Also, I only fish in Windurst Woods since I get Moat Carp and Gold Carp occasionally with Insect Balls.

I could use some Cup o' Noodles right now... its pretty cold. @_@

Current Fishing Skill: 35.0

No comments: