Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Misadventures of Ranger Mog

One thing I wanted to get done before I move to anything else is getting RNG up to 37 for my SAM. While I'm not geared yet for SAM/RNG, at least I got a Soboro to start it all off. Figured before I start working on getting an Osode and a few other things, I'll need to get my RNG to 37 anyways.

Soloing as a RNG can be a pretty painful job but you can often times pull more EXP than you can with a typical Dunes party. To give me a little leeway for survival, I subbed BLU for Metallic Body, which gives Stoneskin. Then I just grabbed whatever I can to maximize my range accuracy and damage.

I can tell you this: You're still gonna be missing a lot of shots. >.> Sometimes that one shot you need can determine if you live or not too! Soloing is not an easy task at times.

Worms are going to be your primary target when you solo. There are located all over the place in Vana'diel. What you want to aim for specifically are the worms in Konschtat Highlands, Korroloka Tunnel, Qufim, and Maze of Shakarami. Worms can't move, worms can't melee you from afar but they do have spells that hurt like crap!

When dealing with worms, you have to think about these factors:

1. Anything else that may aggro around you.
2. Any other worms that can link.
3. Can you put 30' Distance between you and the worm to avoid spells easily?

Sure, all of this sounds easy but once you get out there and mess up once...!

Only real suggestions I can give you to make it easier:

1. Memorize the layout and the respawns of the mobs.
2. Before you take a shot, PLEASE look around you! @_@
3. Stonega sucks, but there is really no way to avoid it other than running out of range, that means your accuracy and damage will take a hit. Use food to compensate for this.
4. Sharpshot whenever you can and make good use of that time.
5. If you can convince a friend or a significant other to PL you (hint hint Liseth >.>), attempt to do so. It will reduce your downtime and gives you more leeway in taking risks during the fight.

Also note: You will be spending gil on this. <.< Probably not a LOT but it will take a hit on the wallet.

No comments: