Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Potato To You!

The past week has been pretty hectic on my FFXI playing, with classes starting again and the fever and flu kicking my butt. Nevertheless, I accomplished quite a bit of things, mainly getting myself a Hagun for my SAM.

I had to make a few sacrifices in getting a Hagun but so far I am not disappointed with the results. For those who don't know what the Hagun does exactly, the Hagun is a Great Katana weapon that has the special property of "TP Bonus," which are the weapons that were introduced with ENMs a few years back. Now, what is "TP Bonus?" TP Bonus is not to be confused with Store TP, a job trait that acts as a multiplier to your TP Gain. TP Bonus, instead, gives you a +100% TP Modifier to your Weapon Skills. That means if you do a WS at 100% with a weapon that has TP Bonus, it'll be as potent as a WS done at 200%.

For a lot of jobs and weapon skills, this doesn't show too much benefit. Often times there will be a weapon that is significantly better. For SAM and GKT however, this weapon is a godsend since damage is multiplied every 100% on GKT WS. I will say, the numbers do not disappoint as I'm WSing for quite a bit more damage than I did before. Being able to achieve WS damage by swinging 6 times instead of 12 times is pretty sexy.

On a total side note though: Hagun looks more like a huge butcher's knife than a GKT... <.< But that's just me nitpicking.

Among other things:

3/5 on SAM AF2 (That was pretty fast)
GKT Merits 4/8
Chocobo is probably gonna be yellow: making it into a digger chocobo.

I'm most likely gonna be staying home tomorrow, stupid fever.. or flu... or feverflu. >: But hey, Sky is up tomorrow, I might land something good. <.<

No comments: