Monday, April 28, 2008

So that I don't have to go back to this again~

... Why do I hate Limbus?

!!!

To the uninitiated, Limbus is a little "battlefield" type of deal (really don't like that word to describe Limbus btw) where you can take up to 18 players to fend off enemies and reach the goal. Along the way, you'll encounter Ancient Beastcoins and various AF1+1 materials. Sea access (beat Promathia Mission 8-1) is required. Also, as far as I know, there is no level limit and there is a time limit of 72 hours before Limbus can be attempted again.

Limbus is one of those things where you can go through and just race to the goal but you'll end up with no coins or materials. Limbus is also one of those things where you can farm the crap out of coins and materials and never hit the goal. Of course then theres a way to strike a balance between the two.

Unfortunately, throughout my experiences doing Limbus, you either have one or the other. Back when I ran Limbus in the DynamisLordHNMLS days (on Cerberus), Limbus was new and trying to figure out things was fun. Fast forward to DRF days, most of our runs consist of just grabbing a bunch of coins. I eventually got all the AF1+1 I need and even a Brutal Earring. Though this is where it got repetitive, especially since Limbus was still 50k and coin prices were falling.

Then currently in UF, we bring a whole army to Limbus just to get chips.

... Nifty.

Its also pretty bad when it becomes a split run, then people who just suck will suck more because they're no longer covered by a huge army.

That's actually one huge complaint that I have with this LS. People that suck and keep on sucking in a sucky sucky suckiness like sucking way.

SUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK...

Going back to what I was saying. Eventually you'll hit a point where Limbus just becomes mechanical. Everything becomes prescripted and it just gets dry every time. Its not even a skill thing, its a boring bum rush. The only enjoyment I get out of it now is going in with a small group. Unfortunately, linkshells need Homam and Nashira. Smaller groups can't take down Omega or Ultima (unless they were really really good) and linkshells, being filled with sucky people, often restrict Limbus as being In-LS only. Well, crap. >:( If Moggie wants to do Limbus with Lissy, Moggie can't because UF will bite me in the ass for it!~

suuuuccckkk <.<;

Well, if anything, Limbus does have some nice items out of it and can be enjoyable... but with how linkshells run that stuff nowadays, its just garbage really. Personally, we (the players) have improved so much that Limbus is beatable with just a typical TP burn setup, even more so with the 2h update.

Moggie hates it still... but I'll still take my homams~ Thankfully, the only one I need left are the feet. Maybe I'll level THF someday that would warrant me wanting the body... but, that's way later from now.

On another note: The Feast of Swords event is currently taking place. Go smack some Samurai today... just not me! >:3

No comments: