Monday, June 23, 2008

Welcome to the Second Half

I knew that eventually BLM soloing is gonna hit a wall where I'm going to stop getting massive and fast streams of XP and it will continue to be a total grind. Unfortunately, I think I really spoiled the crap out of myself with the whole Gobbie Pet thing. Regardless, I also think the way that I'm forced to solo right now is helping me be able to play BLM the "correct" way. Instead of one-shotting pets, I'm actually having to deal with mobs that I need to kite around and properly spacing myself. It makes BLM more entertaining to level (at least for me) but at the same time, it is really slow. The Enterpriser Camps are usually taken and killing stuff in Sea, while fun, is also a long process with what little MP and options I have. One of the options I'm lacking is /RDM, even though I do have it at the level I have gravity... but I lose Stoneskin/Blink unless I level it up more. I'm probably going to take a break from level BLM until I get RDM to 37. For the mean time though... remember that post I made? It works like a charm but EVERYONE is doing it! @_@;

It's kinda scary how there's a huge wall of BRDs and /BRDs just casting songs again and again...

ZNMs, ZNMs, and hell... more ZNMs! There are just so many of them to kill and so many reattempts required just to get whatever item you need. Granted that there are a few nice items in the earlier tiers but a lot of them are pretty.... "lol." Now, now... "Moggie, the fact that they added this is very nice and it's better than them not introducing it at all." Okay, well that's true, the fact that they added this into the update did make the update a pretty big one and there's always going to be "useless fodder." One thing I did notice with this update is that some of the higher end items (Hachiryu for example) are not EX. This is a good thing I think. RMT would be hard pressed to get these items as well so I don't see it being a bad thing.

Earning Zeni is not as hard or even as stupid as people make it. Just take a camera with you and take pictures of random mobs that you do (Sea/Sky/KSNM/Limbus/etc/etc). Aim to take it at low HP. For example, tossing up a few shots at Omega at low HP can net you around 80 Zeni a shot. If you can take 10 shots (without a problem), that's close to your first tier 1 pop and you can still submit more over 10 shots if you wait an in-game day. Tier 1 mobs are pretty easy to do with just a small gathering of people so it isn't really a hard thing to do, just need some planning around. Also, for whatever reason, FFXIclopedia has people listing "subtle" hints about the mob being a lot harder than it sounds. Some do things that will HURT bad but otherwise, you're fine as long as you play smart.

Oh and for the last time: Barfira (or Fire Resistance period) doesn't do jack crap for Mijin Gakure.

No comments: