Tuesday, June 10, 2008

I'm gonna miss you...

While everyone is going nuts about the update and trying to get all the nifty stuff (and trying new toys), I'm basically taking the stance of "Let the other people figure it out, abuse the empty exp spots."

And that's what Moggie did.

The patch today was, like most other patches, a long and painful download session. Granted, it was to be expected but this felt more painful than any previous patch... well, except that one patch that lasted 24+ hours. But anyways, we had some lulz on the Vent server in the mean time and me and Lissy played some Chess on MSN. I had her on the runs but then it ended in a draw. ;_;

Back into the game, the Auto-Sort option would be pretty all right to use (especially if I play on my 360) except for the fact that it does what it does: It auto-sorts. Now, those who use Windower might be using a Plugin called LightLuggage. It has some nice functions such as Auto-Stacking and selective Lotting/Passing. Now, most use it just for the stacking and that's good and all, the nice thing is that it doesn't attempt to sort your items out, it just stacks it. Auto-Sort in FFXI, however, sorts it all out and it can get kinda confusing when you expect some items to appear at the end of your list (Salvage Cells, equipment checking from Mog House, etc). Its a bit of an annoyance and something to get used to but overall, its nice for what it does.

The new NM system (which I believe the term is ZNMs? Zeni NMs or something) is pretty interesting considering the fact that they're pulling out their Pokemon-ish minigame out to fuel this thing. I think its creative though... lets just say, popularity of this will cause this system to be hard to take advantage of until it dies down.

Me, Lissy, Chinchilla and a few other DRF people did Salvage today. After a weird accident which made us lose our NIN tank, I had to take the helm as SAM/NIN Taru Tank (This would not be the first time). We manage to finish Chin's Skadi's Feet and I was amazed we made it up there with so little time remaining. I think we gave the cat a reason to dance around in the Sun today (which btw, it has been growing increasingly warm if you have not noticed).

I got on my BLM for a bit, soloed from 60 to half way through 61. Nothing really exciting but I think I'm finally starting to get the hang of running right before cast goes off.

There will be another maintenance tomorrow, most likely to try to fix Sneak Attack. Though, I decided to have a little bit of fun with it on SAM/THF.

All I have to say is...

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I'm gonna miss this bug.

More random Post-Patch stuff and BLM soloing insanity later!

No comments: