Monday, May 12, 2008

Mog's Variety Week

This week has been a pretty busy week for me. I honestly don't think I've put this much effort into the game before, even more so than CerbDRF.

btw: From this point forward...

CerbDRF: The Linkshell I ran back in Cerberus which kinda blew up.
DRF: The Linkshell currently being ran by Liseth and which I am a sack of.

I think I've done a lot of cup emptying and relearning a lot of things. This is good because old habits I've formed before are gone and I can develop better habits.

HOLY SHOCK: Reviving the Luster of PLD

While I really wouldn't consider myself a Main PLD any more (been shifting towards SAM), I still keep up with all the other PLDs in this new LS. I kind of have to, I'd be damn dead jealous if I didn't. I've been exclusively using /NIN, so there's a lot of consider in terms of how I can maintain CE. People have suggested using some NIN Debuffs, others have suggested having an HP swap build. There are also quite a lot of nice PLD Enmity Gear that came about during the past few updates, many of which have flew past under my radar.

Some stuffs that I'd want for my PLD right now:

-Some stuff to get some HP slack in
-Bahamut Mask
-Jelly Ring
-Wivre Shield
-Trance Belt
-Defending... Ring
-Hades Earring +1...

On a side note: I killed the King of Turtles :3

Photobucket


WHAT'S THIS?!: The Return of BRD... Sorta

Photobucket

I have started playing BRD again, mainly because I'm really not in an LS that kinda uses BRD in such a way that makes the job completely boring. Unfortunately, I sold a lot of my original BRD gear and as such, I'm kinda reduced to picking up scraps and trying to get enough to do enough. Recently, I did get AF1+1 BRD Hands and a Kirin's Osode back in UF. Not bad for a return to BRD really... though I could use a Wind Torque and get rid of my damn Bird Whistle.

ANOTHER VERSION: Mogknight as a Mage?!


Photobucket


Yeah... I finally broke into a Mage Job (and BRD doesn't count). Currently at level 44, I've been soloing and partying my way up slowly. I intend to get this to 75 soon. With the Anniversary Ring making its return, it might help a lot! :3

By the way: this job is really lax... which is cool, it lets me play The World Ends With You on my DS while I EXP!

SOUL ON FIRE: Return of DownRightFierce

Photobucket

Life has been pretty great in terms of our new Linkshell. Within a week we managed to tackle our first Tier 2 Sea God and got some nifty items along the way~ So far, every battle we've been in involves some level of epic-ness. Now, one would assume when something epic happens, something wrong must have occurred for it to be epic. Well, here's what was "wrong" with most of these battles: They're all mostly small-maned.

It isn't because our LS is small (it is for now at least with around 16 some members), but the fact that we do a lot of our farming "on the go." We do plan these out but a lot of members opt to head straight to Sea or Sky whenever they feel like and tackle on these NMs. Pretty nice thing really, allows us to challenge ourselves and have the odds against us.

By the way: Trioing Despot PLD/NIN, RDM67, and BLM/RDM can have some hilarious results, especially involving another LS trying to get in your way while kiting. >:3 Too bad that couldn't stop the Mog.


Photobucket

Temperance on the other hand...

Actually...

Photobucket

If there was one thing that didn't go as planned: Failed HNM Limbus Run. :3 Hey, gotta have something imperfect to be perfect.

And finally: A CFH'd Charby


Photobucket

The drama for the Joytoy never ends.

As for random stuff that occurred:

- Epic Temperance Battle
- Almost snagged a Faust vs JP
- Diorite drop rate sucks
- Ix'DRG dropped a Vice... but Ix'DRK hates us.
- btw: Ix'DRK RR 8 times. So far the record is like... 19?
- Had a really smooth Faith run. Lissy was showing off her tanking skills.
- Took us about 12 Sharks to get an HQ right before we were going to do hope. Koki made NQ Organs drop like mad.

As for myself:

- Still wanting Usukane
- Running into a lot of random NMs lately
- Urge to level NIN rising
- Had a BCNM40 group get 2/3 on Peacock Charm
- PLD DD Build in the works. Need Askar Body. >.>;

And finally: Why not to play Galka in FFXI.


Photobucket

1 comment:

Cinnabun said...

hehe I'm in the opposite boat as you, Moggie. SAM is sooO last year for me! All bout PLD now :p Except when you need the Koki TH to kick in..

And yea... wth is that Galka reference. I can't make out that picture. I couldn't play without my great Galkaness. Tried out Taru with RaceConvert... couldn't even see over grass in certain terrains.. ~_~