Monday, July 21, 2008

Hurray for Odin~

Photobucket

I'm a leet einherjars~

Yesterday was a pretty pumped up day for DownRightFierce. Unfortunately for me, I barely got any sleep the previous night so any sort of positive energy that came around just simply flew by me. Regardless, a few fancy things have happened yesterday!

First off, we missed a chance at Cerberus due to this random JP LS that showed up. Frankly though, I was entertained. Not so much that they were doing bad (they were struggling) but it seemed like a pretty small group that never really fought Cerberus all that much before, or even any real HNMs because I've never seen them anywhere at any time. So, being able to get together and fight something that they seem to not have a lot of experience on kinda made me smile a bit, not to mention taking it down at a pretty good rate.

Anyways, for all intents and purposes, lets call that a bad start to the day. I attempted to go to sleep only to be awaken one hour by Lissy. After having my face stuffed in my pillow going "Oh god, don't tell me he's up..." I got out of bed and lo' and behold, Tiamat is up and claimed by us. With my BLM barely at 73, they asked me to come on it to handle adds. Never having to deal with anything serious with BLM before, I was kinda initimidated and really, it felt like my first few days of playing PLD at end game all over again. Fortunately, I retained a clear head and picked up what I need to do within a matter of seconds... which, now that I think about it, wasn't so hard in the first place!

I gotta say though: Skilling up on Tiamat is the only way to go.

Photobucket

Only real thing I found myself doing during this entire fight was:

1. Handle Elementals and Bifrons (not Corses, while I can outrun them, the initial pull might eat me alive!)
2. Nuke Tiamat with Thunder stuffs while he's in the air. Because my stuff ends up being resisted a lot, I usually go with the one-shot critical hit-or-miss Burst routine.
3. Talking about how uber I am... though that's probably my sleep deprivation that's doing that.

Tiamat ended up dropping a wyrm horn... wryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

Someone shouted out Manaburn in the LS chat and... for whatever reason, I decided to take it even though I need sleep BAD at this point. I got about 20k xp before I had to throw in the towel. I took a "nap" and had Lissy wake me up about an hour prior to fighting Odin. This time, I would be taking PLD to kite adds.

Odin is not hard. It isn't the most easiest thing in the world but it isn't ridiculously hard like the usual Tier 3 or heck, even Tier 1. I wasn't really disappointed though, it's freakin Odin! It's the guy that was in all your old Final Fantasy memories and he goes in with his fancy-pants Zentetsuken and one shots people! The fight ended up being relatively easy but also pretty short (30 minutes). We got E. Body, H. Hands, M. Legs, and P. Body. No Odin exlusive items though...

Other than that... got 2 more Assault wins off of my chest and got some fishing done with some LS mates... oh and a Sand Charm so I can finally start that Inside the Belly quest. Maybe someday I'll tackle the legendary Ebisu Rod... or maybe not.

On a complete side note: FFIV is out on the DS this week for NA. Git it!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow Congratulations on defeating Odin. :) My ls recently defeated Odin as well and its not a small feat.