Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Sekkanoki: Thoughts and Stuffs

Among all the crying DRKs out there, all the SAMs were treated to a nifty new gift. Does it make SAM more awesome or is it simply a diversionary toy that serves no purpose?

Sekkanoki is a level 60 SAM ability that allows the SAM to restrict his next WS to consume only 100%, thus forcing their WS to have a TP mod of 100% (even with Hagun). The duration is 1 WS or 1 minute, which ever occurs first. The recast is 5 minutes.

The practical usage of this ability really all depends on what type of player you are. In my case, I WS for a lot of damage so I tend to hold my TP. This results with me having 300% TP a lot of times, especially if I'm SA/TAing. Sekkanoki allows me to get 2 WS out of a 300%, which results with a WS at 100% potency and another WS at 300% Potency (due to Hagun). This can setup for a nice lv2 SC, but also allows me to balance hate a bit since I can SA for slightly lower damage and TA for higher damage.

Now, the 5 minute recast, though shorter than I originally thought, is still pretty long and really, you're gonna be WSing so much during that 5 minute period. It would be nice to stack it up with Meditate... but wait, you have a 30 second off sync timer on that ability because you merited it... >.> DAMMITS.

The use of this ability is fairly situational and its nice when you can find a use for it. Otherwise, this isn't going to make or break SAM, its a nice nifty toy that isn't useless but the practical usage may only be found in the HNM areas, merits not so much and will probably not be too useful to save anyone.

On another note: Liseth is broken, nerf her. >:3

Edit: and like an idiot, I didn't realize that Meditate was on a 3 minute timer.... whoops. >.>

No comments: